Labels

Sunday, July 2, 2017

It's 2017, and I want to be someone

I first wrote this blog in late 2012, and kept it up throughout most of 2013. And then I vanished after realizing that almost everything I was writing was of poor quality. I want to start over. This blog will begin anew. The new posts are gone. I have a shitty looking JPEG from Google in place of my old banner. I'm using an actual name this time around.

Read more after the break.




You might be wondering, "Does this guy actually think anyone gives a shit? I'm only reading this because he shared the damned link and I only clicked on it because I was trying to click on the link above it."

And you know what? That hypothetical "You" is goddamned right. No one gives a shit about this. The things I have to contribute basically measure out to be piss and piss on top of piss. I'm a pro at half-assed commentary and incomplete analysis. I call myself an author yet kids younger than me have published short stories while I have zilch to show for my decades long struggle.

Right now I'm shifting my way through "Oh, so you've graduated! What now?" conversations with a measure of finessed awkwardness and topic-changing because all I can say is I'm Graphic Design student that can't actually admit that I'm a disturbed Graphic Design student. That means I'm pretty much spinning my wheels in the mud looking for some kind of job related thing when I should have gone to school for journalism, or film. But I probably wouldn't have made it there, either.

Of course, that goes with the note that I'm too young to have it made it at anything. I could still do what I went to school for, or I'll end up being sent back and become an electrician like dad. Goddamn, it might be a good job, but I'm gonna call myself "special" and "meant for something more" until something catastrophic drags me down to Earth and tells me I can't keep lying like I do. Maybe then I'll get something done. Maybe then I'll be able to focus. Maybe then I won't be such a loser. You know this post was meant to be a July 1st reveal? Well, I got distracted and started watching RoboCop on TV. Whoopdy-fucking do.

This is my new blog. I'm going to write in it. I might move to WordPress. I might write something profound. I might actually release those short stories. But for now, I'm stuck here, doing this.

Happy 4th of July, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment